Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sunday is rest day, preparing for STS on Monday

Today is my rest day from working out. I had the opportunity to sleep in this morning and it felt nice.  

Tomorrow I start the 4th week of my current rotation. This week I have part of Cathe's STS series Mesocycle 3.  For those of you that aren't familiar with STS (Shock Training System) is a 12 week workout program, which includes three cycles.  The first is Mesocycle 1, which is for muscle endurance, Mesocycle 2 is Hypertrophy, and Mesocycle 3 is for muscle strength.  It's a good idea before starting STS to do your 1 RM (rep max) because during each mesocycle you do a certain % of your 1RM.  This will give you the most benefit when doing the workout.  It's not necessary to know your 1RM to do STS but it is definitely helpful.

STS is an investment well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment