Thursday, January 13, 2011

An Oldie but a Goodie

After a couple days of weight training it felt good to do some pure cardio.  Today was one of  Cathe's older step workouts.. Power Max.  It starts out on the slower side but by the second combo it really picks up. When I first started doing step, I only used the 6" step.  On some of the workouts I did increase it and start using the 8" step.  I always need to be careful because on some of the step workouts, depending on how intense they are, I need to keep it at the 6" step otherwise by lower back and knees start bothering me. I know some people said that you still get the same workout intensity when using the 6" vs. the 8", I completely disagree.  I always have a higher heart rate on the 8" step then the 6", maybe because the 8" forces me to jump higher where on the 6" you obviously don't have to.  Yesterday I had a day off from legs and my legs were still a little sore from Plyo Legs the other day, which made my workout today even a little harder.  That's okay though, a little extra sweat never hurt. 

Last weekend we ordered a new blender so we can start juicing.  We ordered the Ninja 1100 (I think that is what it was).  I can't wait to get it.  I hope it works as good as they say.  Always trying to take steps to become healthier.  More fruits and veggies in a diet is always a good thing. 

Keep the sweat rolling!

No comments:

Post a Comment