Monday, February 14, 2011

Start of a New Rotation

Today I started one of Cathe's rotations from last year, which uses a mix of STS.  Today I did Disc 1 of Mesocycle 1, chest, shoulders, and biceps. Once I go back and do one of these, it reminds me how much I love Cathe's STS program.  I never knew there were so many different ways to do push ups. She starts the workout with doing one full push up and then a 1/2 push-up and do that 8 times, rest 8 sec and then go into a wide stance and repeat that and then she blasts us... 30 push ups... OMG!!!  Seriously... okay granted you can make it easier if you need to and drop to your needs but I always push myself to do as many as I can on my toes even if I have to slow it down. I managed to get 23 before I had to drop to my knees.  Man do those push ups get the heart rate going.  In Mesocycle 1 she does such a huge variety of push ups for the chest work.  I remember when I first started doing Cathe, I was lucky if I could do maybe 10 push ups on my toes.  I have seen such a huge improvement in my chest strength since working out with Cathe.  Aside of the excellent chest workout, you get just as good of a shoulder and bicep workout.  She really pushes you with doing 21's (do the lower end 7 reps, top end for 7 reps, and full motion reps for 7 reps).  Those really work the muscles. 

I will continue sharing my thoughts and experiences with you through this rotation. I will enjoy sharing my experiences of STS with you. I can't enough how much I love this workout.

I'm going to keep asking until someone answers.... what did you do for your workout today?  Share your experience with me and lets motivate each other!! 

Keep moving and keep sweating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment