Friday, February 25, 2011

Chest and Back, HiiT 40/20, 4DS Kickbox and Bootcamp Cardio

Thursday I did Mesocycle 3 Chest and Back. I had an excellent workout.  I was either having a good morning or I actually gained strength but I was able to bump up my weight a little on the chest presses.  In the chest and back workout we an exercise for the chest and then the back and repeat those same exercises 4 times.  We do a total of 4 groups of exercises with the adequate amount of rest in between for strength training.  At the end of the day I wanted to get a little extra calorie burn so I decided to do HiiT (High Intensity Interval Training) 40/20. You do an interval that last 40 seconds and then rest for 20 seconds. Throughout the workout at three different times we get a minute rest.  This is one tough workout.  My legs were still sore from plyo legs the other day and then I did this.  I did better then I expected but boy where my legs screaming.  The HiiT workouts are excellent for a quick hard cardio workout. 40/20 last 29 min.  Man do you work hard in those 29 min. 

Today I did another one of my favorites.  Cathe's 4 Day Split Kickboxing and Bootcamp Cardio.  We have the warm up and then do about 1/2 hr of kickboxing and the other 1/2 hr was bootcamp, doing intervals. The workout lasts 53 min so I added on 200 jacks and 50 high jogs for a little extra cardio. My legs were spent after doing 40/20 last night and then bootcamp this morning. I always try to keep pushing myself.   I love the pain because to me it's a good pain.  Really it's not pain it's a nice soreness, DOMS as they would call it (delayed onset muscle soreness). 

What was your workout today???  I'd love to hear from you. Let me help motivate you and hearing from you will help motivate me.

Keep sweating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment