Monday, May 2, 2011

How my week ended and how it started

For those of you who are following me, sorry I haven't been on since Thursday.  Things have been a little hectic.  

So on Friday I hard Cathe's Cardio Fusion.  For those of you unfamiliar with this workout, Cathe to cardio sections from three different DVD's and combined them into one awesome workout.  We do the warm-up from Body Max 2, Combined step portion from Body Max 2, step portion from Low Impact Circuit, the blasts from BM2, and the blasts from Drill Max.  I was running short on time so I ended up cutting the 2nd last drill short and skipped the last one completely.  The workout runs 65-70 min.  I was at 60 min so it was still a great workout. 

Saturday was STS Total Body.  I had a great workout.  Good strength.  This workout ended the rotation I was doing.  Sunday was my rest day.  Not that I had much rest and I did yard work in the morning with that strong wind, which makes you feel like you're working twice as hard.

So.... today was the day I started Insanity.  I was so concerned about starting Insanity I dreamt about doing the Fit Test today.  I was afraid I was going to do horrible.  Well, I surprised myself.  If you're not familiar with Insanity by Shawn T the fit test consists of 8 or10 exercises that you do for a minute (I think it was a minute) and your count how many you did so you have something to compare the next time you do the fit test to see how you improved.   I was shocked when my numbers weren't far from the two people that were in the DVD and that wasn't the first time they done the fit test either.  That made me happy.  The fit test only lasted 20-25 min with warm up and cool down.  I wanted to get my hour in so I jumped on the elliptical and did 5 miles in 28 min.  Then I stretched again so I could loosen up my legs.  I feel like doing Cathe's high intensity workouts has helped prepare me for Insanity.  At  least I hope so anyway. :-)

If you're interested in following me on my Insanity journey... stay tuned and I will let you know how it is going. 

What were your workouts over the weekend. 

Jane - keep up the great work.  I'm glad I was able to help you get back into working out.  Keep it going!!

Have a great night and keep on sweating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment