Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day 2 of Insanity

Well, I made it through Day 2 of Insanity.  Today I had Plyometric Cardio Circuit.  I was warned that the warm up is not a typical warm... hello, you got that one right.  I never had my heart rate up that high during a warm up. In Insanity we do longer blasts (3 min) and have a 30 sec rest in between.  The workout lasts about 40 minutes.  What didn't help me any was yesterday my husband and I did 8 hours of yard work for a friend and my body was so sore Monday night.  My upper body was very sore from all the raking and shoveling, so I wasn't sure how today was going to go. I did the best I could.   I think it would have totally kicked my butt if I wasn't pooped and sore from the day before.  The first few rounds I did better but when he went into the plank position and we had to use our upper body strength,  then it became very challenging.  Between the plank positions and push-ups.... I had to take breaks, I started sacrificing my form so it was time to take a quick rest.  For those of you that know me well, you know I like to get my hour in so, of course, I jumped on the elliptical and did 2.6 miles and then I finished with the stretch from Insanity.  We'll see how I feel tomorrow. My hip flexors were getting sore already but I'm not sure if it was still from yesterday or from the workout this morning.

How did you do today?  What did you do for a workout?  Did your workout kick your butt?   I hope so. :-)
Tell me all about it.

Keep on moving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment