Monday, August 1, 2011

Last Week's Workouts

To catch up on last weeks workouts. Last week was my last week of STS Mesocycle 1 Muscle Endurance.  I already updated you with Monday's workout.  Tuesday was cardio and I went with the Insanity warm-up from Pure Cardio and then I followed that with Cathe's Athletic Step. I really like Athletic Step but it's not a full hour and I don't feel like my heart rate gets up there until we're into the 3rd combo so I thought I'd jump start it with an Insanity warm-up.  That made a world of a difference. 

Weds was back and triceps.  What a workout it was.  Worked the muscles really good.  Felt awesome!!

Thursday was cardio.  I went with the Insanity Pure Cardio warm-up.... gosh for someone that got really sick of the Insanity warm-ups, here I am doing it two times in the same week. :-)  After I did the warm-up, I put in Cathe's Cardio Core Circuit. Had a great workout.  It felt tough, mainly because I was really stuffed up.  I got through it and had a pretty good calorie burn.

Friday was legs.  I don't know what it was but this workout felt tough. I pushed through and new I was going to be feeling it on Saturday and that I did. Man did I feel it in my glutes and quads. I don't know if doing a more intense cardio the day before had an impact on Friday's workout or not. I'm sure it probably did to some point.  I did it!! 

Then there was Saturday..... legs were definitely feeling it.   I had a sinus headache and didn't feel like jumping around too much so I decided to do the elliptical and did Cardio Coach Press Play.  I got 10.5 miles in.  It was a little tough on the legs but not as bad as I thought.  It was a good way to end the week.

Sunday was my rest day and rest it really wasn't.  I didn't do a normal workout but I did workout the majority of the day.  I was out in my vegetable garden from 9:30 am until 3:15pm and it was really hot outside too.  I made sure I kept the water flowing.  By the end of the day, I was physically wiped out. 

This week is supposed to be my active recovery week.  Not really sure exactly what that means.  I do take the week off from lifting.  I didn't want to do a really intense cardio since it is supposed to active recovery week, so I did a workout that I haven't done in a really super long time, which is Cathe's Cardio Kicks.  I love this workout, especially the drills in the second half.  I did change up certain moves to make them a little more difficult to get my heart rate up there more.  I love the punching drills at the end.  Not sure what tomorrow is going to bring.  We'll see how I feel in the morning.  I've been waking up lately very congested. 

How was your last weeks workouts?  I'd love to hear about it.

Keep on moving and sweating!!
Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment