Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Don't Worry I Haven't Been Slacking Off

It's been over a week since I posted anything.  I've been busy with my full time job and then taking care of stuff at home, which makes it difficult to post as often. 

Last week I finished my last week of STS Mesocycle 2 Hypertrophy.  I had a great week of workout.  I was making sure that I was pushing myself in my weight workouts.  I know I was pushing myself when I finish my workout and my muscles are totally spent and I feel it the next day or two after. 

I've been trying to do at least one or two high intensity workouts during the week. Usually my third cardio day I would do the elliptical and give my joints a break.  As happy as I was when I was done with Insanity, I still pull it out from time to time and do the warm-up portion to get a short quick calorie burn.  I've also pulled it out when I did one of Cathe's HiiT workouts which are 1/2 hr long, then I would pull out one of the Insanity workouts to finish the hour off.

This week is an my active recovery week. Yesterday I did Cardio Coach Press Play and got 10.5 miles in and a really good calorie burn.  Today I went with Amy Bento's Advanced Step Challenge 2. It's a fun step workout with good music and a good calorie burn. On that workout, to make it more difficult for me, I use an 8" step for the warm-up and the first 3 combo's and then I put my step back down to 6" and finish off the workout.  Tomorrow I think I'm going to do Cardio Fusion Max.  It's a premix on Cathe's Cardio Fusion DVD.   One thing I really like about Cardio Fusion is that she combines sections of 3 different workouts into one DVD. I love the variety.  It makes the time go by faster.

I have seen Supreme 90 in by Wal-mart and in the LTD catalog. Contemplating getting it but I haven't heard much about it. I'll have to do some checking online to see what the feedback is.   I anyone has any input on Supreme 90, I'd love to hear from you.

I hope you haven't been slacking off on your workouts.  What workouts have you been doing?  Have you been challenging yourself?   

Keep moving!!
Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment